Booking Terms and Conditions including Refund Policy (updated January 2020)
(applicable to surf lesson bookings only.
By booking surfing lessons, and participating in surfing lessons, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
• When booking surf lessons via the website, full payment is required by The Search Surf School at time of booking
• Lessons booked by other means (phone, walk in) are subject to the following terms: 50% deposit at time of booking then balance on arrival or 4 weeks before, depending upon the group size, unless agreed otherwise with The Search Surf School staff.
• Lesson times are occasionally subject to change depending upon tides and sea conditions, any changes will be notified in advance via email, phone or text message.
• Should The Search Surf School have cancel a surf lesson, due to adverse weather, beach closure or flat conditions, then an alternative time / session will be offered. If this is not suitable, then The Search Surf School will offer a voucher credit or a full refund to the Client of any monies paid for surf lessons. Please refer to the Flat & Extreme Condition Policy below
• Please notify us at least 14 days in advance of any changes to number of guests. We cannot guarantee that extra guests can be accommodated, unless pre-booked.
• A declaration / registration form must be filled in and completed prior to arrival at the Surf School before a person can participate. The Search Surf School do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the declaration form.
• Participants in surf lessons must be at least 8 years old and be able to swim at least 50 metres. Due to the physicality of the activity, all children aged between 8 & 12 should be accompanied by a parent / guardian, either on the surf lesson or joining them in the water. If the parent / guardian is not joining the surf lesson, then we can provide a wetsuit so they can enter the water with the children.
• We may photograph the surf lessons (outside of the premises). These photographs may be used for or own promotional purposes.
• Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received. Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
o 4 weeks or more to lesson date = 50% refund
o Less than 4 weeks to lesson date = no refund
• The Search Surf School will not offer refunds to customers wishing to cancel surf lessons from 4 weeks to lesson date. The Manager reserves the rights to affect this policy based upon unique circumstances, however the Manager’s decision is final.
• The Search Surf School management withhold the right to refuse participation in Surf lessons, due to and not limited to: abusive & unreasonable behaviour, alcohol or drug influence, injury or health reasons.
• The Search Surf School assume no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of their own or their instructors and cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless The Search Surf School can be proven negligent.
• By taking part in surf lessons supplied by The Search Surf School I agree to the following:
o I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance even though I understand that this is my responsibility.
o I have declared any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy etc.) or any other special needs that may affect mine or others’ safety whilst participating and accept The Search Surf School do not accept any responsibility for any conditions not disclosed.
o I will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during the surf lessons. Staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
o I agree to allow The Search Surf School to use photographs, of the surf lessons, taken by them or any nominated third party, for their promotional purposes.
o I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that The Search Surf School staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision
o The Search Surf School staff may require any participant to leave the surf lesson without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other user or staff member.